ASUSTOR has rolled out an update for its ADM operating system. The latest release bumps up the OS to ADM 4.0.6.RC1. In this guide, we’ll run you through everything that’s new and how to install it on your ASUSTOR NAS enclosure.
What’s new in ADM 4.0.6.RCR1
This latest release from ASUSTOR includes numerous fixes to the OS and its preinstalled packages. You won’t locate any highlight features being added, but it’s good to see the company continuing to roll out fixes to vulnerabilities and bugs.
- Samba package updated to fix potential vulnerabilities:
- CVE-2022-32742, CVE-2022-2031, CVE-2022-32744, CVE-2022-32745, CVE-2022-32746. (AS-2022-014)
- CVE-2022-3437, CVE-2022-42898. (AS-2022-016)
- Fixed multiple Linux kernel vulnerabilities: CVE-2019-18282, CVE-2019-19527, CVE-2019-19532, CVE-2019-19537, CVE-2020-12770, CVE-2021-0605, CVE-2021-20317, CVE-2021-20321, CVE-2021-29154, CVE-2021-29650, CVE-2021-34556, CVE-2021-35477, CVE-2021-3732, CVE-2021-3753, CVE-2021-39633, CVE-2021-39698, CVE-2021-4149, CVE-2021-4203, CVE-2021-45868, CVE-2022-0185, CVE-2022-0330, CVE-2022-0617, CVE-2022-1011, CVE-2022-1048, CVE-2022-1055, CVE-2022-1353, CVE-2022-20008, CVE-2022-27666, CVE-2022-28893, CVE-2022-29582.
- GnuTLS package updated to fix potential vulnerabilities: CVE-2020-24659, CVE-2021-20231, CVE-2021-20232.
- Nettle package updated to fix potential vulnerabilities: CVE-2021-3580, CVE-2021-20305.
- Avahi package updated to fix potential vulnerabilities: CVE-2021-3502, CVE-2021-3468.
- Cups package updated to fix potential vulnerabilities: CVE-2015-1158.
- Fix potential security issues.
- Access Control bug fixes.
- ADM File Explorer bug fixes.
- Improved multilingual strings.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
How to update your ASUSTOR NAS
ASUSTOR makes sure the process for updating an enclosure’s ADM OS is painless. We’ve compiled a short list of steps you can take to update the NAS, as well as set up automated update notifications. Here’s how to do it for this latest release on the best NAS:
- Back up all the data stored on your ASUSTOR NAS.
- Go to Settings > ADM Update.
- Make sure Enable update notifications is checked if you want to receive notifications when you log onto the NAS.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the update process.
You can also click on “Manual Update” to upload an OS update package downloaded from the ASUSTOR website.