ASUSTOR released an update for its ADM operating system, which powers the company’s catalog of enclosures. The update we’re looking at today is available for the AS10 series ASUSTOR NAS, bumping the OS version up to ADM 4.0.6.RCR2. Here’s all that’s new and how to go about installing it.
The ADM operating system is fantastic for managing your ASUSTOR NAS, from installing updates such as this to installing packages and adding user accounts. We always recommend installing the latest OS update available for your NAS, just like any electronic equipment.
What’s new in ADM 4.0.6.RCR2
- Active Directory users can now access NAS through SMB using the NAS hostname.
We did say it was a small update. The change to the Active Directory service was all ASUSTOR included in ADM 4.0.6.RCR2.
How to update your ASUSTOR NAS
ASUSTOR makes sure the process for updating an enclosure’s ADM OS is painless. We’ve compiled a short list of steps you can take to update the NAS, as well as set up automated update notifications. Here’s how to do it for this latest release on the best NAS:
- Back up all the data stored on your ASUSTOR NAS.
- Go to Settings > ADM Update.
- Make sure Enable update notifications is checked if you want to receive notifications when you log onto the NAS.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the update process.
You can also click on “Manual Update” to upload an OS update package downloaded from the ASUSTOR website.