ASUSTOR has rolled out an update for its ADM NAS operating system. Today, we’re looking at what’s new in ADM 4.2.1.REG2. It’s a sizeable update, containing numerous changes, as well as a few fixes for good measure. Here’s all you need to know.
What’s new in ADM 4.2.1.REG2
This update for ADM is available for AS31, AS32, AS40, AS61, AS62, AS63, AS64, AS52, AS53, Drivestor, Drivestor Pro, Lockerstor, Lockerstor Gen2, and Lockerstor Pro ASUSTOR NAS.
- SMB backup added into Backup and Restore. SMB backup backs up data to and from ASUSTOR NAS to an SMB-compatible device, server or another NAS in a local network.
- ADM now automatically creates an AD user’s Home folder when a user logs into ADM for the first time.
- The system administrator can pre-create individual Home folders for all AD users in Access Control now.
- 1 on 1 folder synchronization can now be used for multiple folders for backup in an Rsync backup job.
- Rsync scheduled backup tasks can now set a frequency of repeated backups during a set backup time.
- When adding a shared folder in ADM or plugging in USB external storage to an ASUSTOR NAS, the recycle bin is now enabled by default.
- Added option in ADM Settings to enable Intel QSV hardware transcoding for Lockerstor Gen2 NAS devices.
- OpenSSL package updated to fix potential vulnerabilities: CVE-2023-0215, CVE-2023-0286, CVE-2022-4304, CVE-2022-4450. (AS-2023-002)
- Fixed ADM security vulnerability: CVE-2023-30770. (AS-2023-003)
- Fix potential security issues.
- ADM File Explorer bug fixes.
- ADM Backup & Restore bug fixes.
- Task Monitor bug fixes.
- EZ Sync bug fixes.
- Improved multilingual strings.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
How to update your ASUSTOR NAS
ASUSTOR ensures the process for updating an enclosure’s ADM OS is painless. We’ve compiled a short list of steps you can take to update the NAS, as well as set up automated update notifications. Here’s how to do it for this latest release on the best NAS:
- Back up all the data stored on your ASUSTOR NAS.
- Go to Settings > ADM Update.
- Make sure Enable update notifications is checked if you want to receive notifications when you log onto the NAS.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the update process.
You can also click on “Manual Update” to upload an OS update package downloaded from the ASUSTOR website.