ASUSTOR released version 4.0.5.RT42 of its ADM operating system to address some security vulnerabilities. There has been a heightened concern from NAS enclosure owners about ransomware and other security issues plaguing the industry in recent years, so it’s always good to see brands roll out more security updates.
What’s new in ADM 4.0.5.RT42
ADM 4.0.5.RT42 runs on the best NAS from ASUSTOR. Here’s what is included in this update:
- Netatalk updated to fix potential AFP vulnerabilities:
- Fix potential security issues.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
How to update your ASUSTOR NAS
It’s simple to update your ASUSTOR enclosure, regardless of which version of ADM is installed. Enclosures from the AS10, 31, 32, 40, 50, 51, 61, 62, 63, 64, 70, Nimbustor, Drivestor, Drivestor Pro, Lockerstor, and Lockerstor Pro product families are all affected by this release.
- Back up all the data stored on your ASUSTOR NAS.
- Go to Settings > ADM Update.
- Make sure Enable update notifications is checked if you want to receive notifications when you log onto the NAS.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the update process.
You can also click on “Manual Update” to upload an OS update package downloaded from the ASUSTOR website.