So you’ve just got yourself an ASUSTOR NAS and it’s time to get up and running. Luckily, the company has made it almost painless to install the ASUSTOR Data Master operating system and download all your favorite apps. This guide will show you how to set up an ASUSTOR NAS and get running in no time.
How to set up an ASUSTOR NAS
Like other vendors, ASUSTOR NAS enclosures are preassembled, meaning you just need to install the best NAS drives and you’re good to go. It’s an easy process that requires the extraction of the bays and attaching of drives. If you’re looking to install 2.5-inch drives, you’ll need to use a few screws included with the NAS.
Then, follow these steps to connect to your ASUSTOR NAS:
- Turn on the ASUSTOR NAS.
- Wait for the unit to boot up (it will beep when ready).
- Go to your PC and install the ASUSTOR app or load the IP of the enclosure using your browser. (There are also mobile apps available for Android and iOS.)
- You should now be greeted by the ADM install wizard.
- Follow the steps to initialize the drives, install ADM, and set up your account.
- Enter the IP of the enclosure again on your PC.
- Enter your account credentials and hit Log in.
Once you’ve logged in post-installation, you’ll now be on the main ADM desktop screen. This is where you’ll enter every time you log into the web admin interface. Here, you can install apps, manage settings, and everything else relating to the enclosure.
There are hundreds of apps available, including Plex Media Server. These can all be installed through App Central, which is ASUSTOR’s app store for NAS. These apps can be incredibly powerful, one even allows you to set up a home security surveillance system.
If you feel like you’re hitting a wall, we’ve got some handy guides right here on NAS Master. From adding and managing users to setting up automated backups, we’ve got countless helpful resources. And if you’ve yet to buy an ASUSTOR NAS, we’ve got a collection of all the best NAS for you to choose from.