What’s new in OpenMediaVault 6.3.0
- Update locale files.
- Make alert panel action buttons accessible via tab-key.
- Add an infrastructure to allow plugins to append additional file systems to the file system creation page in the UI.
- Enhance the BTRFS file system creation page by adding support of profiles to create various RAID levels.
- Issue #1241: Use BTRFS subvolumes for shared folders on BTRFS file systems. Snapshots can be created per shared folder. The snapshot management UI allows to create and delete those snapshots. A restore feature has not been implemented by intention because those shared folders need to be unreferenced from every service beforehand. Instead a shared folders should be created from these snapshots, which is a less error-prone approach. The snapshots are stored in the `.snapshots` folder in the root subvolume of the BTRFS file system.
- Various improvements.
- Update locales.
- Change order in navigation menu.
How to install this OpenMediaVault update
Installing the latest version of OpenMediaVault on your DIY NAS couldn’t be easier. Follow these steps and you’ll be installing the latest release in no time at all:
- Log into OpenMediaVault.
- Go to System > Update Management.
Here you can check for and install available updates, as well as configure whether you want access to the OMV beta channel (not recommended for a live NAS). The rest of the plugin updates can be managed as usual.