Plex has rolled out another small Plex Media Server update that’s available for all server owners to download and install. Version 18.104.22.16821 includes mostly fixes to address crashes and other raised issues, but there is now also the ability to create .plexmatch files to help with nonstandard TV series naming schemes.
What is Plex Media Server 22.214.171.12421?
Plex Media Server update 126.96.36.19921 includes the following:
- (Series Scanner) Allow the server owner to create “.plexmatch” files providing hints for more accurate matching of nonstandard file naming schemes (#13211).
- (Web) Updated to 4.76.1.
- (AdDetector) Fix potential crash (#13421).
- (PubSub) A pubsub server with sub-optimal latency could be selected (#13480).
- (Scanner) Improved parsing of certain episode filename formats (#13419).
- (TV) Remove the deprecated TVDB ratings source option (#13426).
- Fix for Window related EventSource crashes (#13437).
How to install this Plex Media Server update
This depends largely on where you’re running Plex Media Server. Should you be using one of the best NAS for Plex, it’s an easy process that can usually be accomplished in a few moments using your NAS web UI. I’d still carry out the process manually by downloading the update from Plex and uploading it to your server.