The Plex squad has released a new minor update for Plex Media Server. Those not on the beta program will be able to update their server(s) to version 18.104.22.16829, which introduces a few changes without completely redoing how we all enjoy using Plex. Just don’t expect anything mind-blowing.
What is Plex Media Server 22.214.171.12429?
Plex Media Server update 126.96.36.19929 includes the following:
- (Logging) Improved context provided in log lines related to asynchronous HTTP request processing (#13530)
- (Music) Support for Musicbrainz release type embedded tags (#13593)
- (Linux) Improve Intel Compute Runtime version detection in packaging on Ubuntu 22.04 and newer.
- (MDE) Remuxes could be rejected unnecessarily on files with certain color spaces (#13634)
- (Scanner) Album release date tags could be imported incorrectly from tags when using the legacy music scanner (#13560)
How to install this Plex Media Server update
Installing the latest version of Plex Media Server couldn’t be easier. Should you be running the software on the best NAS for Plex, all you need to do is run the update process using the enclosure’s web UI. If you’d want to do it manually, download the update from Plex and upload it to your NAS for installation.