There’s a new update available for Plex Media Server users. Plex has rolled out Media Server update 126.96.36.19986, which includes some notable changes and fixes, largely aimed at metadata, transcoding, and the tuner service. Here’s all you need to know and how to install the latest release.
What is Plex Media Server 188.8.131.5286
- (PlexMatch) Add support for pattern matching (#13899)
- (Scheduled Tasks) Perform periodic metadata refreshes on TV shows too (#13920)
- (Transcoder) Support zero-copy hardware transcoding on macOS (#13904)
- (Artwork) Restrict client artwork screensaver to items user is allowed to access (#13916)
- (DVR) Commercial detection could fail on 32-bit Windows builds (#14002)
- (DVR) Plex Tuner Service might become unresponsive in certain complex scenarios (#12988)
- (Music) Some tracks may show lyrics being available when they are not (#13926)
- (QNAP) Renewed code signing certificate
- (Scanner) Episodes of series with names beginning with a single digit could be mis-matched (#13921)
- (Windows) Added new code signing certificate for app binaries
- (macOS) The server could fail platform security checks on older macOS versions (#13959)
How to install this Plex Media Server update
Installing the latest version of Plex Media Server couldn’t be easier. Should you be running the software on the best NAS for Plex, all you need to do is run the update process using the enclosure’s web UI. If you’d want to do it manually, download the update from Plex and upload it to your NAS for installation.