We’re pushing through 2023 and already the Plex team has updated Plex Media Server once again with a slew of changes and fixes. We’re going to round up everything included in version 22.214.171.12463, as well as how to go about installing it on your NAS enclousre.
What is Plex Media Server 126.96.36.19963?
- (NAS) Add Support for TerraMaster TOS 5 platforms.
- (Scanner) .plexmatch files now support a new match type called “SEE”, which allows handling of files where e.g. “302” means episode 2 of season 3 (#13985)
- (Scanner) .plexmatch pattern matching tokens now support setting a maximum length on matches; see the “Match Hinting for TV Series” 89 support article for details (#13985)
- (Scanner) Files named using the uncommon “SEE” format are no longer matched by default; please use the .plexmatch feature to handle these files (#13985)
- (Scanner) Files with names containing a 3- or 4-digit standalone episode number are now matched correctly by default (#13985)
- (DLNA) Corrected DLNA server not starting on NVIDIA Shield (#13340)
- (DVR) DVR schedule is now corrected when the guide updates. (#13217/#12821)
- (DVR) Preview thumbs not being created for DVR recordings (#13943)
- (Library) TV theme music could incorrectly remain on an item after fixing a match (#13933)
- (Library) Unprocessed Add to Library items can crash the server on startup if the original library section no longer exists (#14022)
- (MacOS) Incorrect download progress percentage for updates is passed to the web client (#13992)
- (Metadata) Episodes would not store the year field (#13974)
- (Music) Improve reliability of maintaining original add date when upgrading albums.
- (Music) When replacing exisiting files with new versions, loudness analysis would not trigger on demand (#13897)
- (Network) The server could fail to publish any LAN addresses if a preferred network interface was selected, but was not available (#14001)
- (Pivots) Categories pivot loading time might be slow for larger libraries (#13912)
- (Transcoder) Download transcodes consumed slot even after transcode completes (#13987)
- (Versions) Optimized versions of an edition would overwrite any existing version using the same profile (#13746)
- (macOS) Some endpoints could return errors on macOS versions older than 10.15 (#13946)
How to install this Plex Media Server update
Installing the latest version of Plex Media Server couldn’t be easier. Should you be running the software on the best NAS for Plex, all you need to do is run the update process using the enclosure’s web UI. If you’d want to do it manually, download the update from Plex and upload it to your NAS for installation.