Plex is a fantastic server that enables you to run your very own media streaming platform. Running Plex Media Server on a NAS is a quick and easy way to cut subscriptions and enjoy purchased music, movies, and shows. There’s a new update out for PMS and we’re going to show you everything new in version 220.127.116.1133.
The Plex team regularly releases updates for its media service, which can be easily installed on most NAS enclosures (and even your PC). Just like any other piece of software, these updates often contain changes, improvements, and fixes.
What is Plex Media Server 18.104.22.16833?
- (Scanner) Adds support for the Extend multi-episode format i.e. S01E01-02 (#14064)
- (Subtitles) Attempt to automatically detect improperly-tagged forced streams based on their titles (#14096)
- (TV) Provide clients with the number of non-Specials seasons for display when browsing (#14036)
- (Web) Updated to 4.100.1
- Add Ukrainian translations.
- Updated translations.
- (Clustering) Photos timeline – duplicated items or incorrect dates (#14081)
- (Credits Detection) Detection could fail with certain video codecs (#14150)
- (Credits Detection) Limit thread concurrency for first stage of detection (#14150)
- (Credits Detection) The detection could timeout and fail on low powered devices.
- (CreditsDetection) Fix assignment of
finalmarker attribute (#14109)
- (Intros) Detection wouldn’t proceed if background transcodes were paused (#14056)
- (Music) When shuffling smart playlists with limits, the track selection could be incorrect.
- (Transcoder) Hardware decoding using Nvidia GPUs could fail with certain driver versions (#14069) (#14070)
How to install this Plex Media Server update
Regardless of which NAS brand or OS you’re running, installing the latest version of Plex Media Server is a breeze. So long as you’re using one of the best NAS for Plex, all you need to do is automatically install the latest release of Plex to your NAS using the enclosure’s admin UI.
You can also do it manually by downloading the update directly from Plex.