Synology is rolling out an update for its DiskStation Manager OS. DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3 has been spotted in the wild and is now available directly from Synology. If you haven’t had it automatically applied on your Synology NAS, here’s what’s new and how to go about installing it manually.
What’s new in Synology DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3?
This isn’t a large update and only really includes some security vulnerability fixes. It won’t draw heads in the news, but such updates are incredibly important as security is paramount when it comes to storing data.
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities. (Synology-SA-22:23)
We’d recommend you click the above link to read more on Synology’s website about precisely what was patched in this release.
How to install this Synology DSM update
It’s always important to be running the latest version of the NAS operating system of your choice. DiskStation Manager 7.1 is no different and DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3 is the latest release from the company for its supported enclosures.
We’ve already covered all the different models covered by this version of the OS and you should head there for confirmation if you’re using an older model. Running the best NAS from Synology, you should be set to receive this latest release of the OS.
By default, a Synology NAS will automatically download and apply this update, but if you wish to do so manually, here’s how to go about it.
- Back up your NAS!
- Visit Synology Download Center.
- Select your NAS model using the drop-down menus.
- Click on All Downloads under DSM 7.1.
- Click on 7.1.1-42962 Update 3.
- Select the corresponding folder that matches your NAS.
- Log into your NAS.
- Go to Control Panel > Update & Restore > Manual DSM Update.
- Click Browse and select the downloaded DSM 7.1 update file.
- Click OK to update DSM.