Synology is rolling out a DiskStation Manager operating system update for the company’s catalog of NAS. Version DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 4 is a minor release, but we recommend installing it regardless should you be rocking the previous version. Here’s all you need to know and how to go about installing this OS update on your NAS.
What’s new in Synology DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 4?
As aforementioned, this isn’t a major OS update. Here’s everything included in Update 4 for DSM 7.1.1-42962:
- Added support for E10G22-T1-Mini with an alternative source of hardware components.
- Fixed an issue where drives added to a RAID Group in a Synology High Availability cluster were not allocated correctly between RAID arrays.
How to install this Synology DSM update
Installing this latest release of DiskStation Manager 7.1 couldn’t be easier. We’d recommend checking the list of supported models from Synology to ensure your eligible for the software upgrade. Then it’s time to prep your enclosure by backing up all your data.
By using the very latest and best NAS from Synology, you should be good to go with DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 4. Your Synology NAS should automatically download and install this update without any input from yourself, but should you wish to perform this process manually:
- Back up your NAS!
- Visit Synology Download Center.
- Select your NAS model using the drop-down menus.
- Click on All Downloads under DSM 7.1.
- Click on 7.1.1-42962 Update 4.
- Select the corresponding folder that matches your NAS.
- Log into your NAS.
- Go to Control Panel > Update & Restore > Manual DSM Update.
- Click Browse and select the downloaded DSM 7.1 update file.
- Click OK to update DSM.