You’ll find everything new in Unraid 6.11.5 right here, as well as how to install the latest update to the popular server platform. We’re also going to include the changes included with Unraid 6.11.4 since we managed to somehow miss the release.
What is Unraid 6.11.5?
Unraid 6.11.5 is an incredibly minor release. All this update focuses on is a bug fix and change reversal that modified the wrong file. This resulted in not being able to select ‘macvlan’ custom docker network type.
- Set IPVLAN as default only for new installations.
What is Unraid 6.11.4?
Unraid 6.11.4 was a larger release. Here’s everything that was included:
- docker: version 20.10.21 (CVE-2022-39253 CVE-2022-2879 CVE-2022-2880 CVE-2022-41715)
- Fix: “please wait” message after removing orphan images.
- Set IPVLAN as default for new installations.
- samba: version 4.17.3 (CVE-2022-42898)
- Set the default “max open files” to the value of ‘ulimit -n’ which is currently set to 40960.
- Allow Network PCI devices to have boot order.
- Change to use libvirt_domain_interface_addresses which has been available for a long time but was not documented in the API manual. Using this function stops tainted warnings being written to the log, ex: “Domain id=4 is tainted: custom-ga-command”.
- Fix for VM Rename.
- Fix share information in Diagnostics.
- Fixed issue which prevented array Autostart with a Trial key.
- Fixed encoding issue when passwords contain multi-byte UTF-8 characters.
- Parity History: added day of week to date.
- Shares: Fixed do not allow creation of hidden share names.
- Main page: reinitialize disk transfer statistics upon opening new browser session.
- Management Access page: improved messaging for SSL
- Firefox: version 107.0.r20221110173214 (AppImage)
- When all browser sessions close, stop unnecessary background processes.
How to install this Unraid update
It’s super easy to apply an OS update if you’re running Unraid. Here’s how to do it on your DIY NAS:
- Log into your Unraid NAS.
- Go to Tools > About.
- Click on “Update OS.”
- Click on “Check for Updates.”
- If this update is detected, click on “Update.”
The Unraid server will then install the update and reboot. Once this process has been completed, you’ll be good to go